This FREE webinar is for parents, educators, nonprofit leaders, therapists, medical providers - anyone who interacts with adults or children with a dual diagnosis of Down syndrome and autism spectrum disorder.
This webinar will cover:
- Why problem behavior occurs.
- How some of your interactions with an individual can unintentionally increase problem behavior.
- How to change your interactions so that problem behavior decreases and appropriate behavior increases
- Building rapport with an individual so that you can be an effective change agent in the person’s life.
- Teaching replacement behaviors to decrease problem behavior and increase appropriate behavior.
- Using social stories to teach new skills so that the person will not need to use problem behavior.
Presenter: Sam Towers, M.Ed., owner of Towers Behavior Services, LLC is a behavior analyst who has spent 25 years providing services to individuals with disabilities who exhibit problem behavior. In addition, he has served as a special educator and has trained special education teachers at the University of Kentucky. Towers has a Master’s Degree in special education from the University of Northern Colorado and has completed three years of post-master’s training at the University of Kentucky. In addition, Towers has authored the chapter “Addressing Problem Behaviors in Individuals with DS-ASD” in the book When Down Syndrome and Autism Intersect.