How to book a COVID-19 vaccine appointment
More information on how you can schedule your vaccine appointments.
You can also do this for someone else, if you manage their medical care and appointments.
DSAT would like to issue the following statement on Individuals with Down Syndrome not being prioritized for Vaccine.
As some of you are aware there has been recent media highlighting the scientific evidence that those with Trisomy 21 have an increased vulnerability to Covid-19. The choice and right to have the vaccine as soon as possible should be made available to those with development disabilities, and currently they are not mentioned or given any priority on the government roll out list. DSAT has written to both municipal and provincial government health departments requesting that Individuals with Down Syndrome be prioritized, in addition to offering support to any initiatives CDSS have taken on a federal level.
Additionally, if you would like to make your voice heard on this matter, please support the growing public READYFORMYSHOT campaign here: https://www.readyformyshot.ca/
- If you live near Sunnybrook Hospital, please check their site: COVID-19 Vaccine Hub
If you live closer to Michael Garron hospital, you may check information on their site: COVID-19 Vaccine Information for East Toronto | Michael Garron Hospital, Toronto East Health Network (MGH/TEHN)
If you live near Mt. Sinai and Toronto General Hospital you can check: https://www.uhn.ca/COVID19_Vaccine/Pages/vaccine_clinics.aspx
If you live in the Scarborough Area please check: COVID-19 Vaccine Information – Scarborough Health Network
If you live near Humber River Hospital you may check: COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic – Humber River Hospital
If you live near North York General, please check: COVID-19 Vaccination | North York General Hospital
If you live near St Michael’s Hospital or St Joe’s you may check: COVID-19 vaccination at Unity Health – Unity Health Toronto: Providence Healthcare, St. Joseph’s Health Centre and St. Michael’s Hospital
- Surrey Place – COVID-19 resources for health care providers and caregivers
- FAMILY TIPSHEET: Wearing a Mask | Holland Bloorview
CILT invites you to “COVID-19 Vaccines and People with Disabilities in Ontario Zoom Webinar” on Wednesday April 7, 2021, 1:00pm-3:00pm
Topic: COVID-19 Vaccines and People with Disabilities in Ontario
Description: CILT will be presenting a zoom webinar on COVID-19 vaccines to empower people with disabilities with information and self-advocacy skills. The webinar will explain the different COVID-19 vaccines, their effectiveness & safety in Canada, addressing vaccine hesitancy, the meaning of herd immunity, the various stages of vaccine rollout and how to self-advocate for receiving the vaccine in Ontario.
When: Wednesday April 7, 2021, 1:00pm-300pm
Register in advance for this meeting at: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_kNNaHj-BRJ6ks_VUVMwncA
This workshop will cover the following topics:
1) Information on Different COVID-19 Vaccines, Effectiveness & Safety in Canada
2) Addressing Vaccine Hesitancy and the Meaning of Herd Immunity
3) How Canada Chooses Groups for Early Vaccination
4) Vaccine rollout: Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine in Ontario
5) Vaccine Advocacy & Action Toolkit for Vaccine Equity
6) Question and Answers
7) Resources If you need assistance with registering please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-599-2458 ext 291. Please note, you will not be able to join the session without registering first. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with the zoom link or phone number for you to use to join the webinar. Please note: Registration closes two hours before the webinar.
Timothy Valyear, RPN, Owner, Integrity Care Consultants Inc.
Centre for Independent Living in Toronto (CILT) Workshop Facilitators:
John Mossa, Independent Living Skills Coordinator
Rebecca Wood, Peer and Parenting Program Coordinator
CILT funding support provided by United Way Greater Toronto, City of Toronto, Toronto Central Local Health Integration Network (LHIN), and Independent Living Canada.