Dickie’s Cooking school Life Skills
Life Skills Classes for neuro-diverse adults with Down syndrome, MID and Autism. This is a small group, hands-on class. The maximum number of students is 8 and there are two instructors in the class.
This eight week course will cover and reinforce:
- planning and preparing meals
- food safety: how long can food be left out, cross contamination and best before dates
- knife skills: how to safely chop food
- how to clean dishes and counters
- how to check of food is spoiled
Every class we will cook a meal and dessert.
Session includes 7, 2 1/2 hour classes. This class is eligible for reimbursement from DSO’s Passport Funding.