Tutoring Program for Literacy Learning
Frontier College’s Independent Studies Tutoring Program
Helping adults who have mild developmental disabilities work towards literacy learning goals.
Free, live, one-to-one and small group learning in person.
How to apply
Contact Program Staff to discuss programming.
Then Schedule a zoom interview & complete an application and assessment.
Who are the volunteer tutors?
- Keen to support students to learn
- Are committed and dedicated to the students and the program.
- Bring their passion for learning.
- Have a good attitude and are engaging.
- Are interviewed, screened and trained.
Who are the students?
- Want to learn, can articulate their learning goal and complete homework.
- Able to actively participate in class.
- Be on time and attend class weekly.
- Are working at a lower literacy level.
- Low behaviour management needs
Angela Bisby: email@example.com
Jared Ross: firstname.lastname@example.org